Popular questions...


What can be done during birth to correct my baby's position?

If your baby is in an incorrect position once labor has started, your doctor or midwife can try to shift it around with their hands and/or instruments (such as forceps) via the birth canal. If that does not help, in certain circumstances, a caesarian section may help to deliver the baby.

FAQ Frequently asked questions

Related topics

About this article

Author: Dr Joanne Van der Velden PhD, BSc (Hons)
First answered: 18 Sep 2014
Last reviewed: 19 May 2018
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Votes: 755 (Click smiley face below to rate)
Category: Fertility


Content goes in here.